Friday, October 27, 2017

Scruba dub rub


So today I made a few things for my little business that I have, Scrubs and Rubs. Anyways, I made 2 salt scrubs, a lotion and a mask. I call one of the salt scrubs "Seaside Salt Scrub". Mainly because I can't think of anything else to name it. I'm sure someone out there would have a clever and creative suggestion, just not today. I love Dead sea salt. I get the fine ground because once your done making the scrub it tends to bulk up. I mean it looks kind of chunky. I added some coconut oil and some avocado oil. I of course added essential oils. Who doesn't love those. I'm not particularly picky about which oils I put in. Some brands are so much better than others but they're just so darn expensive, you know? When I first started out with oils, I got art naturals or plant guru. Much cheaper than the Young Living or DoTerro oils. I compared the two brands, however, and I gotta say the quality of Young Living is exponential compared to the other brands I've tried. Don't get me wrong they work nonetheless, but the potency and consistency of each oil is way different. Definitely better but as I said, not everyone can afford $48 for a tiny jar of oil. Anyways, I also made a rub which I call "Sugar Cookie Brulee". This one I made with 3 different kinds of butter, essential oils again, with coconut oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, and grapeseed oil. These are my favorite carrier oils! Not just for me, but they are great for all skin types!! Some oils cater more to a certain type, but not these!! They're good for everyone, which is why I mainly use these ones. This lotion was whipped. So it wasn't made like all my other rubs. I normally add an emulsifier and water and some kind of thickener. This recipe, however, didn't need all of that. So it was super thick. But once it touched my skin it kind of melted. My skin is so soft and silky. I'm REALLY happy about how this one turned out!! I also made a Himalayan Salt Scrub. Himalayan salt can be expensive because it isn't all that popular. Did you know that Himalayan salt was discovered by Alexander the great and has been mined from the same place in Punjab Pakistan ever since?? The mine is 190 miles from the Himalayas. Hence the name. Fun Fact. But I love it and it is a crazy good exfoliator!! The same oils went in and not much to this one. Salt and oil basically. But I just love making these things! I also made an Activated Charcoal Mask!! THAT was fun! Of course anytime I moved the spatuala in any direction, I got black powder all over the place. It isn't hard to clean up or anything, just a lot of it!! I breathed it in too, that was not so fun. It was like inhaling a crumb into your wind pipe! Yuck! I was really surprised at how many things Activated charcoal are used for. I didn't know that it was not the same thing as charcoal you put on a grill! Amazing. I had a lot of fun learning about that. Of course, it is something I need to be doing. Researching the ingredients I put in my products. After all, how can I sell something I know nothing about!? Anyways, the mask worked so well. I think it is safe to say that it the best thing I have ever made! It cleans my skin so well and my skin is so soft after! The only problem I have with it is that it cleans all of the gunk out of my pores leaving them empty....big, huge, giant pores!! Ha, I suppose that is to be expected. You don't really know how deep the pool really is until it is empty. I had fun using it. One batch made so much. I was really surprised!! Zack saw it and was like um it isn't Halloween yet! Ha, silly Zack! I made a list of all the things I wanted to make. All I needed was the fragrance oils for them. I have four more things I wanna make. Then I can take a break for a while. That is until I find something else I want to make! If you want to learn more about these products, you can go to my etsy page. The web page is www.etsy.com/shop/ScrubsandRubsShop....I think. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment